Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Weed-Free

"Your deepest, most constant need is for MY peace." (97)
Over the years I have been awed at how some individuals, going through the most heart-wrenching experiences, could also have such an overwhelming sense of God's peace and presence! In my own life, I have made it a practice to monitor my level of peace at any given moment. If I sense a disruption in my peace, I try to discern where it is coming from, then quickly confess. Today's devo speaks of weeds growing in "the garden of (our) hearts." For example, weeds of "pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief." However, God's "heavenly light" will make the "weeds shrivel up" while His "peace flourishes."
Wanting to have a weed-free day...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Today my peace was disrupted with anxiety. I believe it came from the change in my schedule. Change is the key word! I didn't have to be up
    at 5:30 to be to work by 8. I was able to sleep in and get up in time to make breakfast for my family! So why the anxiety?

    Thank you Lord for taking all that away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same kind of seemingly disjointed emotions with life experiences. One thing I've found helpful is to intentionally go into PRAISE!
    Praising God, no matter what, no matter why really helps to change the 'landscape' of my mind and to make for a more constructive frame of mind!
    I usually have to stay with it for awhile, until it penetrates my more anxious thoughts. Like shafts of Light piercing through darkness... but it works!!

    ReplyDelete