Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, February 5, 2016

Monitoring Mind-Set

"Ask My Spirit within you to order your day and control your thoughts, for the mind controlled by the Spirit is Life and Peace."(38)
Good News! We get to choose our mind-set or the direction our mind goes. A mind that wanders or that's out-of-control will often lead to worrisome thoughts or wayward thoughts that impact wayward choices. These thoughts and choices alter an entire lifespan and ultimately our entire eternity! Yikes!
I often snag my thoughts just to monitor if they are producing "Life and Peace." If I don't snag those thoughts, they will snag me. "For the mind-set of the flesh is death, but the mind-set of the Spirit is life and peace." (Romans 8:6)
My friend, Kay, reflects on her perky little 3 year old grandson whose parents had come up with a great parenting tool. Kay shared this with me...
When he does something wrong and even when he does something right, they often ask, "Did you make a good choice or a bad choice?" He has gotten to where he talks about making good choices on his own. It is so cute, but so profound also. Lord, help me to make good choices today!!!
What a great example of how we can monitor a mind-set that lends to "good choices!"
"The only thing we can grasp without damaging our soul is His hand." (38)
Double checking my thoughts today...dmc

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I have been missing your daily posts from Jesus Calling. Will there be more in the future?

    Thank You
    Diana

    ReplyDelete