"Problems are part of life...inescapable: woven into the very fabric of this fallen world. Do not let fixing things be your top priority. Instead...Talk with Me about whatever is on your mind, seeking My perspective on the situation. Remember that you are en route to heaven, and let your problems fade in the Light of eternity." (349)
Perhaps this is one of the most important lessons of life...how to deal with problems. We're all aware of how problems can mount up and stand in our way... stealing away our joy, confidence, and sanity! Rather than stressing, obsessing, ignoring, using or abusing...we need to activate our "mustard seed/mountain-moving" faith!
Matthew 17:20, "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Here are a few faith tips I often use on myself to help build my faith:
1. Magnify the Lord, not the problem.
2. Moving "mountains" begins with moving closer to the Mountain Mover!
3. Believe more in the promises of God than in the problems of life.
4. Activate faith with prayer and fasting. (See the next verse, Matt.17:21)
5. Combine my faith with the faith of others...connect with some faith friends!
As we head into this holiday season,
Merry Mustard seed/Mountain-moving Faith to you...dmc