Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The "Free Fall" Factor

"I am with you. These four words are like a safety net, protecting you from falling into despair." I try to envision those four words woven together forming a safety net...providing security against misfortune, limiting "how far down you can go." (51) Opportunities to test that safety net present themselves so often.
Caught in the "free fall" of the unexpected, unknown and the unwanted...it's not a welcoming place to be...yet that is the place of greatest discovery. It's in the midst of "free fall" we discover the weightiness of our own souls. We discover the unbecoming, Christ-less aspects of ourselves that reflect remnants of our fallen nature, rather than our redeemed nature. Maybe we could call it the Free Fall Factor.
So, my redeemed nature challenges my fallen nature and I land....
Face down, at His feet...dmc

1 comment:

  1. When I read the scriptures today, I thought of the song Mighty to Save...

    Savior, He can move the mountains
    My God is mighty to save
    Forever, Author of salvation
    He rose and conquered the grave

    If our God can do all this,
    "Whom then shall I fear"?

    Oh no, You never let go
    Through the calm and through the storm
    Oh no, You never let go
    In every high and every low
    Oh no, You never let go
    Lord, You never let go of me

    ReplyDelete