Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

To the Bone!

"You are bone-weary. Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life." (40)
Isn't it good news to know that God truly understands what it means to be "bone-weary?"
My response to "bone-weariness" has changed through the years. As a kid, I'd just drop off to sleep. As a teen, I'd just get annoyed. As a college student, I'd just try to get off by myself to regroup. As a young mom, I'd just keep going no matter what. As a mother of teens, I'd just bite my tongue. As a "Grammy," I just thank God I don't have to get kids up the next morning for school. But as I child of God, I just can't believe how deeply loved and totally understood I am!!
God is always amazing me..."bone-weary" or not!
It's good to be so loved...dmc

2 comments:

  1. How our understanding changes as we add experiences to our lives!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes and experiences can be much like professors...stretching us to new levels of understanding! I agree...thanks for your insight!

    ReplyDelete