Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holy Ground Hawaiian Style

"Make space for time alone with Me... seeking My Face. Be still and attentive in My Presence. You are on holy ground." (197)
An interesting custom in the Islands is the practice of removing your shoes when entering into a home. Most homes will have a little sign saying something like this, "Hawaiian Style: Please remove your shoes. Mahalo!" (Check out: www.bananapatchstudio.com) Most traditional Island churches also practice this custom. Incidentally, I think Moses would have made a good Hawaiian! (Ex. 3:5)
It has been a good reminder to me that I need to strip off the things that would hinder my ability to enter into His Presence. The good news is that as I leave my time alone with Him, I leave lighter, less burdened, stripped of sin and stress. What a great way to go into my day! What a great 'custom' to get use to, after all, isn't it going to be...
Heaven's Style: Please remove your Sin/Stress/Burdens. Mahalo!
A Big Mahalo (Thank You)...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment