Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hope on the High Road

"Hope is a golden cord connecting you to heaven... Hope lifts your perspective from your weary feet to the glorious view you can see from the high road." (218)
Recently we were assigned to a room on the top floor of a hotel with a beautiful view over a sprawling lake with lots of little coves and inlets. We enjoyed watching all the boating, fishing, swimming activity on the lake. One evening a rain storm came up over the far end of the lake. We could see it slowly make its way across the lake. Boats were scurrying away from the storm at one of the lake, while boats at our end were leisurely heading away from the shore straight into the storm...until they recognized what was up ahead!
The "high road" perspective can certainly alter the way we view circumstances and people. From God's perspective everything makes sense. From our perspective many things do NOT make sense. I am grateful He has the better, "high road" perspective that can protect and provide for me.
Hopeful...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Many times in my life I have unknowingly headed straight into the storm but God saw what was ahead and delivered me. Other times I have received strength to endure the storm. I am so thankful for His Presence and the hope He provides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Amelia...If we must endure the storm, I'm grateful that He helps us in the midst of it all!

    ReplyDelete