Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Peace in the Fray

"I am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive... Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence...hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: "Peace be with you."" (222)
Jesus gave the resurrection blessing to the disciples after they had been through a most fearful, high risk challenge to their faith...the trauma of His crucifixion, the mystery of His empty tomb and Mary's unbelievable report of having seen Him. In their humanness, "The disciples were gathered together with the doors locked because of their fear of the Jews. Then Jesus came, stood among them, and said to them, "Peace be with you." (John 20:19)
Overwhelmed with the "swirl of events" transpiring around them, the best they could do was to simply gather together and hide...behind locked doors.
I know that feeling, the desire to hide from the fray and my tendency to 'scold myself for my humanness.' I am grateful that Jesus still steps in today and says, "Peace be with you." That's exactly what I need... His Peace, not only right with me but deep withIN me!
Behind closed doors with Jesus...dmc

2 comments:

  1. “Peace” in the swirl of the arrival of two young grandchildren from Colorado?! We agreed months ago to take responsibility for their care while their parents were away. What an awesome privilege and responsibility as our daughter and family help us with this commitment. Yes, we are human and I pray for peace so that all of us can experience joy and greater love for one another now AND in the future.

    ReplyDelete