Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Fully Giving Thanks

"Thank Me...This is like priming the pump of a well... regardless of your feelings." (83)
I have experienced this so many times. I make a conscious decision to BE thankful, no matter how my feelings are responding. It usually takes a lot of focused discipline because I am coming against my own inclination to succome to worry, fear, doubt, or whatever is weighing me down. At times, I can actually sense the push-back and I will have to intentionally verbalize my thanksgiving.
Speaking out loud helps, after all, I am hearing my own voice declare my own intentions over my own emotions! In these times, I usually have to verbally "give thanks" before I experience the emotional feelings of being thankful.
However, it really works...soon a deep sense of His Presence "clears the blockage" and gratitude overtakes my attitude... Giving thanks helps me to be full of thanks!
Thankfully His....dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment