Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, October 21, 2016

Recognize & Release Resentment

"To live in My Presence consistently, you must expose and expel your rebellious tendencies...become aware of each resentment. Bring them boldly into the Light of My Presence, so that I can free you from them. The best response to losses or thwarted hopes is praise. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Be prepared to let go of anything I take from you, but never let go of My hand!" Job 1:21 (308)
This is a hard Truth that often cuts deep into our human securities. Just the thought of having to release something or someone precious can be extremely painful. Loss leaves us so empty...I suppose that is why we must be filled with Him, focused on Him... not all the "good things-possessions, family, friends, health, abilities, time" all gifts that come from our Loving, Sovereign Lord.
Our devotional reading today continues, "Intellectually you rejoice in My sovereignty... but when My sovereign will encroaches on your little domain of control, you often react with telltale resentment."
As soon as I sense the rumblings of resentment in my spirit, I try to confess it quickly and ask for His peace that "guards my heart and mind" (Phil. 4:7) Staying close to Him means I must stay tuned in to any hint of displeasure in His Will for my life. Confessing it quickly keeps my heart repentant and tender before Him. Learning to recognize and release resentment quickly has been such a valuable gift. I was reminded of the following song. This video clip (Blessed Be Your Name, sung by Tim Hughes) has a powerful message, impacting scriptures and the most endearing pictures of children... who tend to uniquely touch and tune my heart to God's Heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaUxVKwn2kg&feature=related
My Heart will choose to say, "Lord, Blessed be Your Name."
Always letting go of resentment... Never letting go of His Hand...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment