Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Relaxing Not Rehearsing

"Trust Me enough to let things happen without striving to predict or control them. Relax, and refresh yourself in the Light of My everlasting Love...When you project yourself into the future, rehearsing what you will do or say, you are seeking to be self-sufficient... Rather than fearing your inadequacy, rejoice in My abundant supply. Train your mind to seek My help continually..." (297)
There's a healthy balance between looking ahead to be adequately prepared and obsessively seeking to control and manipulate the future. Matthew 6:33-34 tells us to "seek first the kingdom of God" and not to "worry about tomorrow." Philippians 4:6-7&20 helps us understand that when we turn our worries into prayers of thanksgiving we will experience "the peace of God (which) will guard (our) hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" because we can be confident in a God who "will supply all (our) needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Since God is my Source, my All-sufficient One, there's no need for me to be self-sufficient!
What a huge relief!
Relaxing rather than Rehearsing...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment