Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Rest or Rush

"I am taking care of you! Rest in Me...this is a form of worship. Though self-flagellation has gone out of style, many of My children drive themselves like racehorses..(whipping) themselves into action, ignoring how exhausted they are... Worship Me by resting peacefully in My Presence." (288)
Sometimes we will wrestle with ourselves when it comes to resting. Somehow we've been conditioned to think that busyness is equated with productivity. We all know, that is not true. I've experienced some very hectic days feeling like very little is being accomplished, except to feel frazzled and frustrated.
I'm remembering those whirlwind days of parenting! When I felt exhausted most of the time! I am so grateful for friends, with their own kids, who would trade off "kid-duty" so we moms could sporadically get a modified type of "sabbath." My precious friend, Deb, offered to watch my boys while I was in graduate school! She was an extra special God-gift!
Also, a surrogate "Grandma" in the church offered to watch the boys two afternoons a month. Those were snippets of sanity for me! She was a cheery Grammy 'Angel' named Ardis. She had a quick smile and eyes that sparkled whenever she saw our boys! I have asked God to grace her and my friend Deb with extra sparkly stars in their crowns! They loved our boys like their own!
God knows we need those more restful breaks where we can be inspired and renewed. After all a "sabbath rest" was another one of God's "very good" ideas!
Looking for that healthy balance between doing for Him and just...
Being with Him...dmc
Wishing our delightful Emma Elizabeth a very Happy Birthday! Grammy & Papa love you TONS!

6 comments:

  1. From "Take Heart, Oh, God" today - "Savor that promise ("I am taking care of you!") Drink in that knowledge. You are on Gods' mind. He is at work in you. He Loves you that much." So thankful that He loves me that much - may I find that healthy balance also. Happy BD to Emma. Granddaughters are so special -- Maggy will be 8 on the 8th. Joyce Burpo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we LOVE those sweet grandbaby girls! Good to hear from you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is confirmation I received the same prophetic message

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is confirmation I received the same prophetic message

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iam this yeseoth eloenu i almost wake person 1 nomar niac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iam this yeseoth eloenu i almost wake person 1 nomar niac

    ReplyDelete