Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Choice by Choice

"The free will I bestowed on you comes with awesome responsibility. Each day presents you with choice after choice... Without a focal point to guide you, you can easily lose your way...stay in communication with Me, living in thankful awareness of My Presence." (273)
The number of choices we make in a single day must be a staggering number! One of the most memorable choices we made that has impacted many other choices was when Joe and I were married. During our ceremony, he spontaneously began praying a very gripping prayer that included Joshua 24:15, "Choose you, this day, whom you will serve...as for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD."
That prayer, with that choice, set the foundation for our marriage and for over 35 years we have continued to make the choice to serve the Lord, over and over again! We have no regrets and we're...
Still Choosing...dmc

3 comments:

  1. "You inhabit a fallen, disjointed world, where things are constantly unraveling around the edges. Only a vibrant relationship with Me can keep you from coming unraveled too." I need to remember to choose to do that BEFORE things start unraveling!
    Choosing to intentionally spend more time alone with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this devotion! It showed me several things. One is "without a focal point to guide us", we can "lose our way" very easily.(273) I have had days where I felt completely scattered because I lost my "focus". Second is it reminded me of a bible study that discusses how we need to take each negative thought and give it to God.("TNRPLA"- Philippians 4:8) Last is when we pray and meet at Awana's. We ask that everyone clear their minds and shake off the day so we may put our focus where it needs to be, on God and the kids. These are all choices that I must make to be an effective servant of God. I must make these choices everyday with everything!

    "But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation." 1 Thessalonians 5:8

    I choose God as my focal point so I may be clearheaded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...Don't we just love that TNRPLA! It keeps us focused on the True, Noble, Right, Pure, Lovely, Admirable...excellent, praise worthy things!

    ReplyDelete