Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Delightfully Dependent

"Do everything in dependence on Me. The desire to act independently - apart from Me- springs from the root of pride... My deepest desire for you is that you learn to depend on Me in every situation...(enjoying) My Presence and My Peace." (261)
Years ago I had an older christian tell me that to pray over something one time was sufficient and that there was no need to repeat that prayer. Well, I found that very hard to do. Probably because of my own flawed nature, I needed to present concerns to God whenever they were messing with me, not just initially, but continually.
This devotional encourages someone like me, who needs a 'User-friendly' Savior who can be accessed often and easily.
Relying on Jesus Continually...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    But how does the concept of praying over something once and Luke 18:1-8 about the persistent widow work? The Bible also talks about a man who is out of bread and has company coming so he knocks on his friends door late at night until he answers. It sounds like we are being told to be persistent in our prayers. So I'm confused...do we pray it and forget it, or does the Bible encourage us to keep on praying for it? I always believed we are to be persistent in our prayers, praying for God's will and being thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Mikaela. Persistent prayers are powerful! So are one-time confident prayers. Both have a place in our lives. Because of my personal makeup and tendencies, I tend to communicate often with Jesus. As I stated in my blog entry, I like a "User-friendly Savior" I can tap into often. It does not mean I lack confidence in Him, I probably lack confidence in myself or in the people and circumstances surrounding the situation. Let's just keep praying as often as we need...He loves to hear us pray! Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete