Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rough Patches

"Seek Me with your whole being... When things go well...you can feel Me smiling on you. When you encounter rough patches...My Light is still shining upon you." (256)
Rough patches in life show up all over... road construction, marriage difficulties, parenting challenges, school academia, financial stresses...even rough, scaly skin is considered alligator hide and must be doused with lotion! (According to the TV advertisements!)
Rough times are just a part of life, the not-so-desired part, but certainly part of our journey. Although "these adversities may be shrouded in mystery" His Presence "is an absolute promise."
I find it a comfort to know He is watching. He is...
Aware & There...dmc

3 comments:

  1. WOW...this devo is perfect for me today! As I read Zeph 3:17 in TLB, "He has arrived to live among you. He is a might Savior. He will give you victory. He will rejoice over you with gladness; he will love you and not accuse you," I thought how great is that promise?!? It is now 8 AM, at 10 AM this morning I have a tense meeting that has the potential to get "heated". I have been praying for peace, calmness and for God's love to shine through me. One person professes to be a Christian, but behavior doesn't show it, the other is not a Christian but attends church. Regardless of the outcome, I want to be His witness this morning. I know His Presence will be with me during this "rough patch". To His Glory . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting (mentioned above)went really well. We agreed to disagree on one issue. The other we compromised on...I didn't want to, but felt God urging me to do so, I complied. Overall, it went smoothly and I felt a sense of calm that only God could have provided. Thank you God for Your calming, reassuring Presence this morning and every day. You are the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thanking Jesus for guiding you through this challenging situation, Carolynn. He faithfully led and you faithfully followed! What a demonstration of divine partnership!

    ReplyDelete