Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Company of the Weak

"Grow strong in your weakness...Your fragility is not a punishment, nor does it indicate lack of faith... I am developing your ability to trust Me... to lean on Me continually... This is how you grow strong in your weakness." (254)
It seems that the strong often overcome the weak, or even intimidate them. But sharing our weaknesses is far more inviting, even embracing. Why? Because we tend to identify with weaknesses more readily than with strengths. Although I may cringe at my own weaknesses, they are often the bridge that touches another when I fall on Jesus to assist and cover me.
My richest relationships have been safe harbors for weaknesses, warm hearts of forgiveness and wise words that encourage!
Praising God for the 'company of the weak' that encircle and love us, no matter what...dmc

PS - Today is my precious daughter-in-love's birthday!
Amber Dawn Colaw, you have blessed our lives immeasurably and have encouraged us so many times. We love how God uses you and your amazing story to advance His Work in the lives of so many others!
Birthday Hugs to YOU!

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting that the last three day's devotionals seem to be written directly for me. On Aug 29: “The world is so complex and overstimulating that you can easily lose your sense of direction.” On Aug 30: “No set of circumstances could ever isolate you from my loving presence.” All of today’s devotional and the verses cited seem to be directly for me. I have been strong (though not as gifted as many others) and had lots of stamina. Now I have “received the humble gift of frailty”. I am thankful for the reassurance that “it is not a punishment, nor does it indicate a lack of faith.” I am reminded of a song based on the KJV of Isaiah 40:31.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
    They shall mount up with wings as eagles;
    They shall run, and not be weary;
    They shall walk, and not faint.
    Teach me Lord, teach me Lord to WAIT.

    Wasn’t there something in the devotional for Aug. 29 about “WAITING before working”…?!! Now that song will be repeating itself over and over again in my mind today until I identify the title. Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete