Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Content No-Matter-What

"Rejoice in Me always! No matter what...rejoice in your love-relationship with Me. This is the secret of being content in all circumstances." Phil.4:4, 12 (266)
There is such a HUGE difference between those who are content and those who are discontent. The bible makes it clear that contentment provides an environment for life that is exceptional and to be highly desired. Those who KNOW Christ can experience contentment "in all circumstances." That is quite a feat! So, what is the secret to that kind of contentment?
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: REJOICE!" (Phil. 4:4) Rejoice literally means to "re-joy," choosing joy over and over again. Choosing to celebrate something in every situation takes a little creativity and a lot of focus. Of course, it depends on...what we focus on!
Joe and I try to intentionally focus on reasons to rejoice in the midst of all circumstances. Yesterday we were delayed significantly in our travels and could have easily been quite annoyed but decided to thank the Lord, no-matter-what! Within the hour we came up on a multi-vehicle accident scene with lots of people in the ditches and on the road. As we slowly drove past we prayed for those involved then realized we needed to praise God for wisely pacing our travels.
There's reasons to "rejoice" no-matter-what because we have a love-relationship with a loving God who really knows what's best, no-matter-what!
No-matter-what I'm choosing to be Content...dmc

3 comments:

  1. I really need to hear this today! The stress of all of lifes circumstances can really be a burden sometimes. This reminder helps to show me that I need to turn my focus back to God and not my circumstances. Thank you Lord for all the blessings you have given and please take care of my stress for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think modern technology and the bombardment of media available to us adds to our stress even though it has many advantages. All of life’s circumstances and choices can become a burden. It is a real challenge to “trust in the Lord always and...rejoice”. Melissa, I pray that God will give you peace and joy and help you to focus on Him while He takes care of your stress! (I pray the same prayer for myself.) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the "bombardment of media," Amelia. It can add significant stress to our already stress-filled lives. I'm refocusing with you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete