Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Chatting with Jesus

"No matter what your circumstances may be, you can find Joy in My Presence... Search for it as for hidden treasure... Recall that I am present with you whether you sense My Presence or not...start talking with Me...continue communicating with Me, your mood will gradually lighten." Prov. 2:4 (309)
This is one of the most amazing realities in my own journey of faith...how connecting with God can lift my heart and literally change my frame of mind!
Here's a quote from the Webinar I participated in with Dr. David Amen...
"The condition of our soul and the spiritual connections we make has a strong impact on the physiology of the brain. It is a reciprocal relationship...having a positive relationship with God and others actually improves brain function. A number of research studies have demonstrated that people of faith suffer less from anxiety disorders and depression and they recover 70% faster from these illnesses than those without a strong religious faith. The suicide rate and even mortality rate is lower for religious people than the non-religious. The brain needs a healthy soul, and the soul needs a brain that works right."
(Webinar: Healing the Hardware of the Soul - Nine Principles of the Amen Clinic, 10/18/2010)
Chatting with Jesus makes a huge significant difference!
Healing my mind, my life and my mood...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment