Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vent-Ability

"I understand better than anyone else the stresses and strains that have afflicted you. You can ventilate safely to Me, because talking with Me tempers your thoughts and helps you to see things from My perspective. Complaining to others is another matter....it opens the door to deadly sins such as self-pity and rage. Whenever you are tempted to grumble, come to Me and talk it out... I will put My thoughts in your mind and My song in your heart." (296)
I cannot even begin to recall the numerous times God has altered my responses because I was able to unload, or vent, with Him first!
As a counselor, I hear from many who are wrestling through very difficult and perplexing issues. More often than not, just having that safe place to vent can be a powerful gift, that unwraps our ability to put things back into a definitive, even divine perspective. But when we don't have that cathartic, counseling opportunity, we can still access a Sovereign Savior who "so reigns" over every challenge we face. He can alter our perspective, strengthen our commitment and honor our resolve to glory Him, no matter what!
I can validate the benefits of venting with the Sovereign Savior. Prayer has become that profitable "reality check." As I'm pouring out my heart, I am...
Capturing His heart...dmc

2 comments:

  1. "You may talk to Me as much as you like about the difficulty of the path we are following."(296) I love that! Venting always helps me to "get over" the frustrations I am feeling. My dear husband has a very good listening ear,but knowing God will let me talk to Him about these things gives me a freedom from the chains that can bind me. I always thought if I did I would be complaining, but now I see that God will help me to stay blameless by removing the need to grumble when I talk to Him about it. Gives new meaning to Jeremiah 31:25 for me!

    Thanks for your prayers Dawn Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Melissa...I agree with you...I have an awesome husband who's been a safe place to vent and weigh in on a healthier perspective. We are blessed to have godly husbands that inspire a godly, more eternal view of things! AMEN!

    ReplyDelete