Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

His Joy & My Strength

"Remember that Joy is not dependent on your circumstances...True Joy is a by-product of living in My Presence. Therefore you can experience it in palaces, in prisons...anywhere. If you make problem-solving secondary to the goal of living close to Me, you can find Joy even in your most dfficult days." (292)
This devo brought to mind Nehemiah 8:10, "...the joy of the Lord is your strength." It's obvious that this world is filled with may things that sap our strength and steal away our joy. However, as God's people our strength comes from "the joy of the Lord." I find this a very interesting Truth! My strength is directly connected to His Joy! So...it is my desire to discover what brings Him joy receiving the benefit of added strength! His joy strengthens me!
Zephaniah 3:17 says, " The LORD, your God, is in the midst of you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will rest in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing."
So, I will be listening, "is God singing, yet?"
I will be asking, "is He rejoicing over me with joy, today?"
Making each day an opportunity to bring Him joy, and a reason to rejoice... changes the way I spend my day. It changes the why, when and how of my day! Most of all it changes the "who" in my day! It's not all about me...my problems or my promotions. It's all about HIM! Seeing life from His vantage point. It gives reason and rhyme to my life.
Adjusting my Vantage Point & Gaining Strength...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment