Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Return & Refocus with DHEA

"Focus your entire being on My living Presence... enveloping you in My Love and Peace. I am recreating you into the one I designed you to be... If something troubles you, talk it over with Me... Gently nudge your mind back to Me." (329)
What do we do with troubling, fearful thoughts, irritating situations, annoying people and the garden-variety of frustrations that sprout up suddenly during any day? For certain, if we dwell on those distractors, they become dictators... consuming our thought life and stealing away our abundant life.
I John 3:20 tells us that our thoughts, even our own hearts, can try to distract us with condemnation. However, "if our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.” So, if we "gently nudge" our minds back to Jesus, talking to Him and quickly unloading our anxiety and the frustrations that mess with us, we are able to be overcomers rather than being overcome! Our joy and creative energy for life returns as we refocus and return to Him.
Several years ago I participated in an research project where I learned how our cortisol count climbs whenever we are filled with negativity (like being anxious, angry, or depressed, etc.).  However, our bodies also respond, with increased DHEA, when we experience a more positive stance (like being thankful, motivated, happy, or even simply peaceful, etc.)  A body flooded with cortisol drains and depletes us while DHEA provides us with numerous physical, mental, even relational benefits.
It's fascinating to me how even my body's biology knows how beneficial it is for me to return and refocus my thoughts constructively.  My secret turn-around is to engage in quick and instant communication between my heart and my Savior. Jude 24 says, "Now to Him who is able to protect you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of His glory, blameless and with great joy!"  Now, that prompts some healthy DHEA production!
Continually Seeking & Celebrating Him...dmc

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! Thank you! We need to learn to be quick about turning our thoughts back to Him!

    ReplyDelete