Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Huge Hugs from Heaven

"Your needs and My riches are a perfect fit. I never meant for you to be self-sufficient. Instead, I designed you to need Me... I carefully crafted your longings and feelings of incompleteness, to point you to Me... (enabling) you to find intimate completion in Me." (359)
Just like our bodies will hunger for food, thirst for water or crave a good night's rest, our souls hunger to be spiritually fed and cared for, too. (After all, we are eternal spiritual beings having a temporary physical experience!)
So, when I am feeling drained and inadequate physically, I eat, drink or sleep...when I am feeling depleted and inadequate spiritually, I will hunger and thirst for righteousness, to be filled (Matthew 5:6.) My deep inner longing to be intimately connected to a Savior keeps me moving in the right direction... straight into the caring arms of Jesus!
So, I openly admit my neediness and embrace His abundance... all at the same time. With arms wide open it's like a huge, big...
Heavenly Hug...dmc

PS - Happy Birthday to our youngest son, Matthew Charles Colaw! You have been one huge, big hug from heaven to me, to your dad, your brother, your wife & family and to so many others! Thanks for your huge heart of love for Jesus and for being a huge, big blessing in all our lives!

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I did a search on "jesus calling december 8" and found you. I am leading a group of almost 20 women through the book Made to Crave and this day's devotion totally goes along with what we are studying.

    You make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog! May God richly bless your "Made to Crave" journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn Marie! I just came across your blog. I am looking forward to your daily devotions! Just what I was needing:) Barby Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may also enjoy the book
    "He Leads Me Beside Still Waters: 50 Love Letters of Healing and Restoration from our Lord" BY Steve Porter.on Amazon
    Much Like "Jesus Calling." Blessings

    ReplyDelete