Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Overshadowed & Pregnant

"Come to Me, and rest in My Presence. As you ponder the majestic mystery of the Incarnation, relax in My everlasting arms...sired by the Holy Spirit." (373)
One of my favorite Christmas passages, that also challenges me the most, is the angel's response to Mary in Luke 1:35. "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the holy One to be born will be called the Son of God."
When God's Word moves deeper and deeper into our hearts there can be seasons of being "overshadowed" that seem to overtake us. They are seasons of spiritual conceiving. Sometimes it can feel like a fog has settled in. Not a dark, foreboding fog, but a nurturing, comforting fog like the overshadowing wings of the Almighty found in Psalm 91.
When "the power of the Most High" overshadows me, I sense a conception of new life, a new work or adventure in God's Presence. I believe God desires to conceive new dimensions of His Life in each of us often. Much like having Christmas all year long...every day can offer moments of birthing Jesus into our humble settings, at home, work, school, in relationships, conversations, difficult situations and various opportunities all around us.
This world needs to experience Jesus and under the anointing of the Holy Spirit we can birth Jesus into the hearts and lives of others. How can my actions, my words, my gifts or talents bring Jesus to life in the lives of those around me?
Unto you is born this day, in the city where you live, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you, you shall find the babe wrapped in human flesh lying in a difficult situation before you. And there will be a multitude of heavenly hosts praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the Highest and on earth Peace, Goodwill toward men." (My modification of Luke 2:11-14)
Birthing Jesus...dmc
PS - Happy Anniversary to our oldest son & wife, Michael & Leslie Colaw! Thanks for giving us 3 adorable grandchildren and many wonderful memories.
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment