Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hugs from Heaven

"Your needs and My riches are a perfect fit. I never meant for you to be self-sufficient. Instead, I designed you to need Me... I carefully crafted your longings and feelings of incompleteness, to point you to Me... (enabling) you to find intimate completion in Me." (359)
Just like our bodies will hunger for food, thirst for water or crave a good night's rest, our souls hunger to be spiritually fed. (After all, we are spiritual beings having a physical experience!)
So, when I am feeling inadequate physically, I eat, drink or sleep...when I am feeling inadequate spiritually, I will hunger and thirst for righteousness (Matthew 5:6.) My deep inner longing to be intimately connected to a Savior keeps me moving in the right direction... straight into the caring arms of Jesus!
So, I admit my neediness and embrace His abundance...all at the same time. It's like a huge, big...
Heavenly Hug...dmc

PS - Happy 29th birthday to my youngest son, Matthew Charles Colaw! You have been one huge, big hug from heaven to me, your dad, brother, your wife & family and to so many others! Thanks for making a huge, big difference in all our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment