Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Deep Dependence

How painful it is to be weak, flawed, hindered or mistaken in some way. Those of us who tend to be perfectionistic also tend to be deeply disappointed with ourselves...on a daily basis! However, in recent years I have come into a new dimension of personal peace. Realizing that many of my dreams may not be realized in this life, I've come to trust they will somehow be honored in the next! So, in this human journey, with its various disappointments, "each failure is followed by a growth spurt" and I'm discovering the secret joys of a life deeply dependent on Jesus. Paul says he will boast of the things that reveal his weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on him, delighting in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties. (2 Cor. 12:9-10) Well, I'm not quite there, yet, however I am...
Deeply Dependent & Deeply Grateful...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment