Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Secret Smile

Whoa..today's devo was especially meaningful to me! (p.24) No matter what's happening, Jesus says, "Share a secret smile with with Me, knowing that I understand." In all the pleasures and pains of life, Jesus understands! So, how are we to respond? Share a smile!
I've been blessed to have come from a family of quick and ready smiles. Even in the midst of tough situations, a secret subtle smile, a wink of assurance and a kind uplifting word kept us going. "This practice will enable you to attain a quiet and gentle spirit, which is pleasing to God." (I Pet.3:4)
I have noticed how Jesus' presence often rests on a "secret smile." Our "weakness and woundedness are the openings through which...the Light...of His glory shines forth." No matter what, we have something to smile about!
Thanks for sharing your "secret smiles" with me! You manifest Jesus' presence!
Smiling...dmc

3 comments:

  1. I love when the author talked about your mind wandering when you are praying. I used to think I wasn't devoted enough to prayer and that was why this happened. I now know I am not the only one and my efforts weren't for lack of trying. I thank God for his strength in my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have battled with the same thing, Melissa. My precious, godly mother taught me to write down whatever came to my mind. Once it was written down (like tasks to be done) I could refocus much easier. That's been a great help!

    ReplyDelete