Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Fixed on the BIG Thing!

I can think of three distinctly different life experiences where staying focused made a huge difference for me.

First, when I was learning how to drive - I soon discovered that wherever my eyes wandered the car would follow. Next, when I was in labor - a focal point helped me concentrate on the BIG task rather than the BIG pain (sort of!). Lastly, when doing morning exercises - a focal point helped me maintain balance while counting and holding awkward Pilates poises. (Odd, but true!)

Why is being focused beneficial? Because it enables us to avoid the dangers of being distracted. A distraction (problem, burden, fear, temptation, addiction, resentment, even pain) will basically trap us and hinder our progress.

So, what's "the fix?" Being "fixed!" "Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." (Heb. 12:2) It prevents us from crashing, helps us get the job done and keeps us balanced.
Fixed on Jesus...dmc

1 comment:

  1. The one thing that keeps me going is Jesus. When I started school I had that little voice in the back of my head telling me, "Is this really what you should be doing?", even though I had a strange calmness within me. Then Proverbs 16:3 came up several times, “Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.” I know I must keep my focus on Him to succeed in this adventure!

    ReplyDelete