Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Weaning Time, Again

When God is in the process of "weaning" us from "all other dependencies" it can seem quite uncomfortable. It reminds me of "weaning" a child from a pacifier. These are the times when we, like small children, feel most vulnerable and insecure. We tend to struggle with being detached from the comfortable and the familiar.
Specifically, because I am quite relational, it has been quite painful to be "weaned" from certain relationships or environments, not because they were necessarily bad, but because an opportunity for growth was to be gained.
In retrospect, I can see how a God-crafted, risk-laden adventure helped me to shake off a spiritual laziness. Thus, I've had to be "more" dependent upon God and less dependent on others.
I am learning daily that my "security rests in Him alone; not in other people, not in circumstances." In the midst of all this, I deeply desire for God to be "more" glorified in "more" dimensions of my life this year.
Securely Dependent...dmc

2 comments:

  1. I liked the commentary for Deuteronomy 33:27 in my bible. It says "No storm can destroy us when we take refuge in him. Those without God, however, must be forever cautious". There have been times I was scared of change or even to be bold for God because of "what might happen", but Romans 8:39 gives us the promise that nothing will be able to separate us from His love! So if we live for God what can happen? Obviously my world doesn’t come crumbling down when changes occur or even when I step out of my comfort zone. In fact I am closer to God in the process because I am leaning on His everlasting arms!

    Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! Good verse in Deut. Thanks for sharing it...dmc

    ReplyDelete