Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Expectation Exhaustion

"Find freedom through seeking to please Me above all else. You can have only one Master. When you let others' expectations drive you, you scatter your energy to the winds." (213)
Learning how to escape others' driving expectations can be a life-long challenge. The other day I was sitting with an elderly lady who was so distressed over things that were perceived expectations from years ago. My heart ached for her as she continued to wrestle with issues that originated with people in her life from years ago that were now deceased, but those expectations lived on, still haunting and harassing her.
I find I can become quickly overwhelmed when I start to weigh in on others' expectations but I am quickly overjoyed when I seek to please Jesus! Jesus seems to run a rather relaxed schedule and keeps the stress level minimal. I am often my own worst enemy by stressing over issues and things that are not eternally significant. I must remind myself to de-stress and become...
More Master-Minded...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment