Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Fixed, Focused & Fine

"Instead of trying to "fix" yourself, fix your gaze on Me, the Lover of your soul. Rather than using your energy to judge yourself, redirect it to praising Me. Remember that I see you clothed in My Righteousness, radiant in My perfect Love." (204)
There are so many things I would love to "fix" about myself... flaws, oddities... or things that just annoy me about myself! But keeping my focus on me is such a waste of energy. I find that I am a much healthier, happier, hopeful and helpful person when I "fix my eyes on Jesus the source and perfecter of my faith." (Heb. 12:2) He causes the essence of my soul to be much more sweet and satisfying... after all, He is "fixing" and perfecting my faith... and "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen!" (Heb. 11:1)
Getting all Fixed Up...dmc

3 comments:

  1. "When you feel discouraged, you tend to look inward so you can correct whatever is wrong."(204) God really opened my eyes today to show me this is exactly what I have been doing. I have been so frustrated lately that my focus has only been on fixing what is wrong instead of being on Jesus. The best part is that I can't fix what I am frustrated with but Jesus can!

    Here is a little different version of Turn Your Eyes on Jesus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQzAYQE-U4Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I have the "focus" of that song! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This spoke right to me tonight! I've been sick for a few weeks andt has been incredibly frustrating to not have my usual energy to care for our 3 young children and household. Rather than wallowing, I need to gaze upon Him and ask for healing.

    ReplyDelete