Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Next Step - Going UP

"Keep walking with me... Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain... take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction... there are sparkling surprises just around the bend." (205)
What is the "next step" UP the "high mountain?" In my own life I find that the next step DOWN the mountain is usually much easier than the next step UP the mountain.
Reflecting on the children's poem about Jack & Jill going UP the hill; I want to warn all "Jacks" that they can lead the way... up the hill OR down the hill. One can certainly fall (like Jack did) but we need to carefully protect our "crown" or head. If our thought processes become broken, if our decision-making is broken, "Jill" and the whole rest of the family will start "tumbling after."
I am grateful... for a Savior who knows which way is UP.... for a life partner who holds my hand! Both offer strength and encouragement as we forge our way "UP the high mountain!"
Stepping UP...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment