Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, July 4, 2016

His Works & Fireworks

Happy 4th of July! In the US this day is all about celebrating our national freedom! Throughout the country flags wave, bands march, patriotic songs are sung and fireworks fill the night skies. It's a grand celebration!
As citizens of Heaven, worship is our celebration and we become demonstrations of His Works, singing the songs of spiritual freedom. "When you worship Me in spirit and in truth, you join the choirs of angels who are continually before My throne... your praise and thanksgiving are distinctly audible in heaven... gratitude clears the way to My heart." (195)
"True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. Yes, the Father wants such people to worship Him. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." (John 4:23-24)
On July 4th I like to read from John 4. It reminds me of my own spiritual freedom. The whole chapter is a display of divine fireworks, His Works, in the lives of those who needed freedom from sin and even freedom from death! (John 4:47-53)
We have great reason to celebrate and something eternal to sing about... with the Angelic Choirs! Think of it! So, watching Fireworks reminds me to let my praise burst forth with grand heavenly celebration!
His Works really Work (on any day, not just the 4th!) ...dmc

1 comment:

  1. My apologies. I guess I just happened to read on a day with no scripture. I have a brain injury and sometimes I say the wrong things. I guess Easter is our Christian Independence Day. The US is only country besides Israel that is founded on God. With our praise and worship we should pray for this wonderful country that is being threatened in so many ways. Maranatha!

    ReplyDelete