Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, July 1, 2016

Soaking & Unscrambling

"Spend time soaking in My Presence...gazing at Me... This time alone with Me is essential for unscrambling your thoughts and smoothing out the day before you. Be willing to fight for this precious time with Me...the evil one's determination (is) to distract you from Me. Delight yourself in Me, for I am the deepest Desire of your heart." (192)
I've discovered that the best way for me to stay well-anchored in the midst of life's numerous demands is to intentionally guard my devotional time with Jesus, no matter what!
There were seasons of life when the "soaking" time was quite varied and even haphazard, especially during those demanding baby-days, toddler & teenage stages of parenting. Even though I was often distracted, I came to realize, all the more, my inner strength would have to be found in snippets of silence and scripture. So, carving that into my day became a priority.
Even now, in this season of life, I am still having to protect my daily time alone with God. I've discovered I also need extended "soaking" times. Time to pull away for several days or even weeks. It helps me unscramble my thoughts and re-anchor my priorities. It's good for me, my marriage and ministry!
May you discover your own spiritual soaking times, even if it's a snippet, on the run.
I am so grateful to be...
Soaking with Jesus...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment