Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Absolute Trust

"Accept each day...not only the circumstances...but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust me absolutely...(even when) the demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives - giving up or relying on Me...I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment." (263)
When the demands of my day are beyond my strength or ability, having absolute trust can become the absolute test! Similar to a multiple choice test with two alternatives, I must choose, "moment by moment" to:
A. Regress (fall backward)
B. Rely (fall forward)
I have discovered that even when I choose to rely (fall forward) on God, the circumstances of my day or the condition of my body may not change. So, what initiated my dilemma may still be in place. However, the big change happens in the atmosphere of my mind! My thoughts are altered, my perspective is broadened and I realize...it's NOT all about ME! He is working on something far grander than me and I am just a small part of a much bigger picture. So, He gives me just enough strength, enough wisdom, enough of His Presence to equip and empower me for each moment. I find it easier to trust Him with my impossible days when I do it a moment at a time!
For me, the biggest challenge is making that initial choice to trust Him, absolutely, in the impossible moment! Then, moment by moment, day by day, week by week, year by year a whole lifetime is lived....
Falling Forward into His Sovereignty and Faithfulness...dmc

3 comments:

  1. My last posting was on Sept 2 when I said: …I look forward to the “intimate adventure” he has for me. That night my husband encouraged me to go out of town with him where he was competing in a tournament. He wouldn’t have to drive two hours per day and we could have evenings together. I was alone during the day, which allowed me to rest, relax and recharge in a safe environment. I had our computer but no internet access (sometimes that’s a blessing!). It was a wonderful, unexpected “intimate adventure”!
    Yesterday and today I’m catching up. Today as I read Jesus Calling and then your comments, Dawn, several bits of hymns and gospel songs came to my mind:

    “Day by day, and with each passing moment,
    Strength I find to face my trials here…”
    AND
    “He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater.
    He sendeth more strength as our labors increase…”

    AND so many more! I’m not a musician nor am I very good with music but music really ministers to me. As my body fails, I pray that my brain will continue to retain the words and tunes of all those wonderful hymns and gospel songs that I have enjoyed through the years.

    “When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be!
    When we all see Jesus, we’ll sing and shout the victory.”

    Today I choose to rely on Him with that goal in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In response to yesterday’s devotional, my background includes several types of preaching from several denominations. Some things were conflicting and confusing but I had a godly grandmother, parents and others who were very good examples. I began to learn as a young teenager to “…work out [my] own salvation with fear and trembling” Philippians 2:12 KJV. Of course, one needs to read the whole chapter or book to understand the context of this admonition from Paul.
    I appreciate your comments from yesterday, Dawn. I especially like “His love inspires us to deal honestly with ourselves, graciously with others, and generously with the Church, His Bride. (Eph.5:25-32)
    Am I fallen, guilty, condemned? Yes. Am I forgiven, graced and called? Yes!” Next to the last sentence of the devotional, which you quoted, it says “I want you to relax in the assurance of my perfect Love”. What “Blessed Assurance”!
    We are blessed by Pastor Joe’s anointed preaching. I pray that God will continue to use both of you in a mighty way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amelia, for your kind and insightful comments. So glad you are back home and back online with the rest of us! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete