Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Forgiveness & Freedom

"Walk with Me in the freedom of forgiveness...If you carry a burden of guilt on your back, you are more likely to stumble and fall. At your request, I will remove the heavy load from you and bury it at the foot of the cross. (Then) you are undeniably free! Unconditional Love...frees you from both fears and sins. As you come to know Me more and more intimately, you grow increasingly free." (278)
I just love this devotional truth! I love the freedom and release that comes with forgiveness. I love the incredible deliverance that comes to those who are willing to honestly confess and request forgiveness.
It can be the difference between being victorious over our sin or being victimized by our sin.
Walking in Forgiveness...dmc

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Today's devotional was like a P.S. to Pastor Joe's sermon on Sunday. Forgiveness seems to be the word right now. I love how God does that; puts a word in front of us through many sources. We obviously need it for this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Kay...we certainly need forgiveness and need to give forgiveness to stay healthy and balanced in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read the devo and 2 posts above, I thought of the song, Everyone Needs Compassion (and forgiveness) The words are below:

    Everyone needs compassion
    A love that's never failing
    Let mercy fall on me

    Everyone needs forgiveness
    The kindness of a Savior
    The hope of nations

    Savior He can move the mountains
    My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
    Forever author of salvation
    He rose and conquered the grave
    Jesus conquered the grave

    Take me as You find me
    All my fears and failures
    Fill my life again
    I give my life to follow
    Everything I believe in
    Now I surrender

    I see and listen to so many hurting people, esp in Celebrate Recovery. The more we surrender to Him and live in His Love-Light, our burdens WILL BE LIFTED as He carries them for us. There is freedom in forgiving and being forgiven. Walking lighter daily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name of the above song is, "Mighty to Save", please forgive my blunder:) Hillsong sings it at the link below. Scroll down to middle of page on the left...

    http://setfree0408.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-woke-up-other-day-thinking-about-all.html

    BAsking in forgiveness from all you blog readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song, Carolynn! Thanks for sharing it! What a great reminder!
    Also, I love the ministry of CR and how God is using you to powerfully touch so many other lives!
    What a blessing...thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete