Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Holy Whispers

"Wait quietly in My Presence while My thoughts form silently in the depths of your being... I make My humble home in your heart. It is there where you know Me most intimately; it is there where I speak to you in holy whispers." (276)
This devotional thought brought to mind an experience on Sunday morning that touched me deeply. At the close of our service many of us had stepped forward during the closing prayer time. Our little granddaughter had walked with me to the front and we were standing before the platform. Suddenly, she drops her little head down over her arms, resting on the edge of the platform. She stayed in that prayerful stance for quite some time. At one point I bent over and whispered in her ear that Jesus loved her and that I did, too. She whispered back, “Grammy...I praying.” I told her she could pray as long she liked. The expression on her face was so precious, so genuine! My heart was deeply moved...what was God whispering into her tender 4 year old heart? For certain...God knew the whispering thoughts in her heart and was whispering back to her.
I am so grateful that she has experienced her parents responding with tender hearts toward God and that a trip to the altar is a familiar, welcomed journey.
How important it is that we, as adults, demonstrate a tender heart and a listening ear that tunes into the whispers of God.
Whispering the thoughts of my heart to Him, Listening for His Whispers...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Life seems to be passing at a breakneck speed with so many decisions and challenges. Like so many in my age group I thought things would slow down a little when I reached retirement! “There is a mighty battle going on for control of your mind…” (Sept 19) “Try to see things more and more from my perspective…” (Sept 20) and “Wait patiently in my presence…” (Sept 21). If the enemy can control one’s mind he wins. Seeing things from God’s perspective requires waiting on Him. Reading the Jesus Calling devotionals along with the scriptures cited are so helpful with many precious blessings.
    Dawn, I love your sharing your experience with your granddaughter. It reminds me of many tender moments with my children when they were young and now I have the privilege of seeing some of those times with my grandchildren. I am so thankful for God’s whispers to little ones and youth as well as adults of all ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amelia, life offers us such precious moments...as my daughter-in-love, Amber often says, "God-winks" that let us know He is in our midst!

    ReplyDelete