Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Forever-Promised

"I am perpetually with you, taking care of you. That is the most important fact of your existence... My presence with you is a forever-promise. You need not fear the future, for I am already there." (285)
Currently, I am missing the presence of my amazing husband, Joe. He is involved in a VOM (Voice of the Martyrs) Colombian Pastors Conference this week. We've had limited communication since he arrived in Colombia. But, you can be certain, we have used each brief, fragile connection as an opportunity to communicate our love for each other and to restate our commitment to pray for one another. Although he is gone, he is very present with me. My heart is continually aware of the "forever-promise" we've made to each other.
It reminds me of the "forever-promise" Jesus made in Matthew 28:20, "And remember, I am with you always, day by day, until the Close of the Age." (Weymouth New Testament) Jesus made a "forever-promise." Even though He is gone, He is very present "to the very end of the age!"
So, how is Joe very present with me although he is thousands of miles away? How is Jesus very present with me although He's been gone for over two thousands years? Each are "forever-present" as I stay aware and available. I stay aware and available for Joe's attempts to make contact. In a similar way I enjoy a "forever-promised" relationship with Jesus, too.
Promised in His Presence...dmc

3 comments:

  1. Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. "You need not fear the future, for I am already there."(285)
    What a comfort to know our Lord is ready and waiting for us to let Him take care of our needs! All we need to do is put Him in the center of our lives today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed something in the Matt. 6:34 verse that I had not really seen before. I have read it many times, but it jumped out at me this time. It is telling us to not worry; let tomorrow worry about itself. But the part I liked was "Each day has enough trouble of its own". Isn't that the truth! There are plenty of other things I need to be doing or thinking about, other than worrying. Worrying just brings on more problems, more trouble. There's enough out there; I don't need to be adding to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how God's Word keeps speaking to us...no matter how many times we've read it! It's the Living Truth that really changes our lives!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and scripture!

    ReplyDelete