Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Hosanna Bandanna

Todays devo reminded me of when our boys were young, we had a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey party with tons of tails and prizes! All the little guys at the party would size up the situation, don the bandanna blindfold, take a few spins and strategically aim for the appropriate "spot" on the donkey! They were AMAZED to discover just how far OFF their carefully tagged tail was! Why? Because they underestimated how much the "spin cycle" had disoriented them.
When we "walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Cor. 5:7) we are divinely blindfolded to accomplish something beyond our strategic human efforts. We often underestimate just how disoriented we've become in the "spin cycle of life." To our great eternal advantage, God wants to redirect us. How does He do it? By divinely blindfolding us and then carefully redirecting us to the right "spot" at the right time.
I've often been amazed when God helps me to "walk by faith, not by sight"...I discover that a whole herd of donkeys were tagged and tailed to glorify God! Maybe even used to carry Jesus into this world! (Read John 12:12-15)
Blinded by the Hosanna Bandanna...dmc

4 comments:

  1. When I read the statement in today's devo about "living your life too safely", I thought how does one do that?:)
    I like the perspective of heavenly blindfolded. Reminds me of when Luke was learning to be a Jedi in the Star Wars movies. Yes, I know the movies were too much New Age, but there sure are a lot of Biblical truths to be gleaned from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Living my life too safely” to me means how I used to live my life. I wouldn’t agree to teach a class, lead a group, take on a task, etc. because I was “afraid” that someone would ask me a question that I could not answer or I wouldn’t do a good enough job. I was relying on MY humanness and MY abilities, instead of relying on Him. “When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength.” Now, I DO rely on Him. Many times when I agree to do something, I don’t have a clue how “I” am going to accomplish it, but through His guidance, direction, His words, it gets completed as He wants it done. Many times when I am in a counseling session and a patient of mine is talking, I think, “How in the world am I going to address that issue?” I say a silent prayer, “God I need help here, how do I respond?” Many, many times after the patient leaves, I think, “Wow, that was really great (my response), where did that come from?” It was God speaking through me and saying to my patient what He wanted her to hear, not what I would have said. “He accomplished His purposes” through me. It is indeed a thrill to see Him work through me…also very humbling!
    Thrilled and humbled…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't just like Jesus to give us too big a project, or mission so that we HAVE TO LET HIM LEAD US? What He currently has me doing is like that, but the weaker we are the more He can show His POWER. On this particular thing I am very weak, so His POWER is shooting sparks like fireworks! Glad that He's in charge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING your insights. Sometimes I wish you were HERE with me...so we could talk through all this together!

    ReplyDelete