Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let Go...Take Hold!

Significant changes are brewing on nearly every side...socially, financially, politically, climatically, technically, morally, etc....so if we are feeling like the fiber of life is a bit frayed, there is good reason!
How do we "feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes?" By being aware of Christ's "continual Presence." By learning to "let go," releasing "more and more things into (His) care." (87)
What I especially like is also what challenges me most...I must let go, so I can take hold! Letting go of what fills my hand so I can fully take hold of His Hand, no matter what...because that usually means "change" is about to invade my life! Or inspire my life!
Holding Tight...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Yes we need to let it go! How can we hold His hand, when we are holding on to so much stuff? This reminds me of a song by Holly Dunn that says so much about our Father’s love.

    “Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
    Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
    Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle
    But I´ve come to understand.
    There was always love in Daddy´s hands”

    Even though this song is about her earthly father, our Heavenly Father does the same! He will be there every moment, through all our changes, good or bad. We just need to hold His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa...you're so good at connecting concepts with a song!

    ReplyDelete