Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Little Boys & Transformer Toys

Years ago our boys collected transformers; little toys that flipped, clicked and twisted from one thing to another....a monster truck could become a robotic man or a some fierce weapon. They totally enjoyed the transformation process and were quite skilled in speedy transformations!
As Christians, we are also being transformed, however, our transformation process is probably more steady than it is speedy! 2 Corinthians 3:18 says we are "constantly being transfigured (transformed) into His very won image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another." "From glory to glory," continually changing, becoming transformed into the image of Christ.
We are a little like those transformer toys. We were created in the image of God and we're being transformed from glory to glory into the image of Christ.
Incidentally, the boys were also "transforming!" Day by day, from little boys into godly men! Aren't we all grateful for that transforming process!?
From Glory to Glory, Image to Image...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Dawn Marie, I sometimes get so sad over how fast my precious children are growing. But when I saw what you wrote about your little boys being transformed into godly men, that made me feel a little better. I do SO want my children to be godly men and women and it helps to be reminded of that. It also made me more aware of all the little things in life that are happening so fast now and making sure I am giving them as much of Jesus as possible now and being His example. I need to always remember little eyes and ears are watching and listening:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janie...How true! You are raising some great kids for Jesus! You're an awesome mom!!!

    ReplyDelete