Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Homesick for Heaven

"Your longing for heaven is good, because it is an extension of your yearning for Me. The hope of heaven is meant to strengthen and encourage you, filling you with wondrous Joy." (366)
When I was little I would wrestle with homesick feelings whenever I had to stay overnight away from my family. If I had my little sister with me, I could do much better.
There have been times as an adult - when I've had to be hundreds of miles away from home all by myself in an airport, hotel or conference - when I've had similar lonely feelings that have caused a sick, sinking feeling inside. Then, just hearing a familiar voice, or seeing a familiar face (on my Iphone) can change the atmosphere in and around me.
That's the way it's suppose to be with Jesus. He's longing for us. We're longing for Him. Spending time in His Presence lets me know that heaven will be a great homecoming experience!
I've just read a great book, Heaven is For Real, by Todd Burpo (Thomas Nelson, 2010). It will inspire you and make you happily homesick for heaven where "nobody is old and nobody wears glasses!" (back cover quote)
Holding Heaven in my Heart...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment