Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Present of His Presence

"Rest in Me, My child, forgetting about the worries of the world. Focus on Me - Emmanuel - and let My living Presence envelop you in Peace...step by step... Hold My hand in deliberate dependence on Me, and I will smooth out the path before you."
Well, in the midst of recovery... step by step, moment by moment is the only way to get to the other side. But having His enveloping Presence and Peace give a healing comfort!
"Deliberate dependence" is so contrary to the independent way we most often live our lives. These early stages of recovery teach me a lot about "deliberate dependence" as I experience my amazing husband stepping up and hitting a home run for the home team over and over again. He's ready and willing for me to depend on him for all kinds of things - food, meds, ice packs, phone calls, doorbells, adjusting the temperature, running to the store, getting a pillow, propping my foot - and the bathroom duties have given us many endearing moments of laughter!
Joe is an earthly illustration of Emmanuel (God with us)... step by step, holding my hand as I am forced to deliberately depend on him. During this Christmas Season and season of surgical recovery, I thank God for Joe - God's GIFT to me - and for the gift of caring family and friends!
I am blessed with the gift of Joe's helpful presence and also the gift of God's Healing Presence with me...both cherished presents to me in this gift-giving season.
Presents of Presence Heals...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment