Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Unique Intimacy

"I am leading you along a way that is uniquely right for you. The closer to Me you grow, the more fully you become your true self - the one I designed you to be... Marvel at the beauty of a life intertwined with My Presence... in intimate communion... losing yourself in Me." (381)
The unique path God has each of us on can be a strange mix of companionship and solitude. I feel so blessed with the fellowship I share with others and yet I am keenly aware of the mysterious solitude I also experience. I've talked with seasoned saints who have also experienced this dual dynamic. It seems to be the profound reality of an intimate, yet involved, relationship with Jesus. He pulls us away to Himself, yet puts us in the midst of others.
The secret, sometimes fragile, balance within myself has been to stay tightly connected to Him, whether I'm in solitude or in a multitude of others. I know without a doubt, my goal and inner compass is set, no matter where I am or who I am with I'm...
Wanting to stay close to Him...dmc
Watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrBYbjSg3kA&feature=related

I Just Want To Be Where You Are - by Don Moen
I just want to be where You are,
dwelling daily in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar,
draw me near to where You are

I just want to be where You are,
in Your dwelling place forever
Take me to the place where You are,
I just want to be with You

Chorus -I want to be where You are,
dwelling in Your presence
Feasting at Your table,
surrounded by Your glory
In Your presence,
that's where I always want to be
I just want to be,
I just want to be with You

I just want to be where You are,
to enter boldly in Your presence
I don't want to worship from afar,
draw me near to where You are

Coda - Oh, my God,
You are my strength and my song
And when I'm in Your presence
Though I'm weak You're always strong

Ending - I just want to be
I just want to be with You

3 comments:

  1. Amen and amen! I think my posting for Dec 28, which I just posted a few minutes ago, expresses my heart. This year's journey with Jesus Calling has really been a blessing to me. Are you planning another devotional journey for 2011? Even a repeat would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I haven't heard this song in a long time!It hit the spot this morning. This week has been a tough one and the scripture 2 Corinthians hit home also. To make this story short we have 3 people in our office and one is out sick all week. Usually it wouldn't be a big deal but this is our busiest week of our year. Taxes are due by tomorrow. What I have struggled with is finding compassion for the one who is sick. Sounds pathetic? Yes, but there is more to it than this. Working for someone with double standards is never easy. This is where 2 Corinthians 5:17 took hold of me this morning. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" I must be in Christ to have that compassion. I can not do this focused on the injustices that have happened. It took most of the week to get to this point, but God is faithful. With prayer, He has softened my heart.

    Thank you Father! Thank you for sharing that song Dawn Marie! Music always touches my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your victory, Melissa! Jesus certainly understands the pain of injustice - Isn't it awesome to KNOW that we are safe in His good, compassionate Hands!?

    Thanks, Amelia! Your encouragement means a lot! I've been asked to continue with the Jesus Calling devotional, again, during 2011. Read my final posting for this year (tomorrow) for more explanation.

    ReplyDelete