Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Seeking His Face

Today's devo says "Anything that you desire more than Me becomes an idol." (71) We live in a generation of obsessions, seeking after many interests, other than God.
In contrast, Psalm 24:6 speaks of the "generation of those who seek Him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob." One thing we know about a God-seeking generation...they inspire us to climb "the mountain of the Lord"(Ps. 24:3) rather than kneel at an altar of idolatry!
This last week both our sons and their families were visiting in our home. Our discussion times were often focused on various ways we can seek the face of God. This next generation has a huge hunger for God and their passion to seek His face inspires me. I want to value God, honoring His Word and His Ways, seeking His face! I have been...
Inspired to Mountain Climb...dmc
(Psalm 24:3-6)

2 comments:

  1. I like today's devo, it speaks to me. "Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with Me about it...If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will help you reach it. If it is contrary to My will for you, I will gradually CHANGE THE DESIRE OF YOUR HEART! Sometimes I'm doing something and I'm so excited and then over time lose interest...hmmm...wonder why that happened!! Yet other times I'm not wanting to do something and then POW I'm real excited...thanks Jesus for being such a part of my life that You tell me which way to go and when to change direction.

    ReplyDelete