Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Anywhere, Anytime, Anyone Appointments

"Dance and sing and celebrate My Presence. This is My high and holy calling for you... Glorifying and enjoying Me." (178)
Joe and I have found it especially fulfilling to be an extension of God's generous heart to others. The year we were celebrating our 35th anniversary, we'd gone to a nice restaurant in Kihei, Maui. Late into our meal the waiter stepped in alongside our table and asked, "What would you say is the secret to a long, happy marriage? My wife and I have been married 11 years, we have 3 kids and we're not doing well."
In just a few short minutes we gave him our best marriage tip... to choose the kind of Love that goes far deeper than the issues that challenge marriage.  To say often to each other, "I want our love for each other to go deeper than this issue/incident/disappointment/misunderstanding, etc."
It also opened the door for us to be an extension of God's generous heart. We tipped him well and told him to take his wife out, so he could share with her his decision to have a love for her that went far deeper than the irritations and issues they were currently facing.
There's no doubt...it was a powerful, God-ordained encounter. My friend, Kay, calls this a DA... a Divine Appointment! I love that concept! Any ordinary day can become extra-ordinary with just one DA. I love how God can bless us and others with just one Divine Appointment that can happen...
Anywhere Anytime with Anyone...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment