Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Dust on the High Road

"Stay on the high road with Me... walk ever so closely with Me, soaking in My Presence, living in My Peace. This is My unique design for you, planned before the world began." (175) "For we are His creation-created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them." Eph. 2:10
This particular verse has spoken to me many times. It baffles my mind to think that God had me in mind far before 'my time.' On the time-line of humanity, there's a little speck of 'dust' representing my life. With all my unique frailties, flaws and mixture of efforts, God was preparing... in the big and little things of my life... "good works" to be accomplished for His Glory!! That inspires me, motivates me and keeps me focused on HIM. It's all about using the 'dusty vessel' of my life in the most rewarding way possible...to magnify my great Creator!
My precious Daddy, who is now in Heaven, spent his whole life with some significant 'dusty' issues, living with the painful ramifications of a crippling birth defect. Yet, he seldom complained and was determined to make life a never-to-be-forgotten adventure. Quick-witted and incredibly creative, he inspired and humored all of us! Most of all, he LOVED his Creator who had "distinctly designed" a "different path" which became "the High Road" he was "called to walk." With all Daddy's challenges, he knew how "to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with (his) God." (Micah 6:11) So, today I am grateful and...
Trusting God with My own 'Dusty' Issues...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment