Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad's Radar System

Happy Father's Day! I am so grateful for a father who made it a priority to place me in environments that helped me to develop spiritual eyes and ears. Dad had some kind of High Powered Radar System that worked to guide and also guard his three daughters. Dad's radar system included a sensitivity to subtleties that could potentially harm us and a keen sensitivity to spiritual influences that would be advantageous. Today's devo reminded me of how Dad tutored us to be extra-aware!
"I speak to you continually. My nature is to communicate..." through "glorious sunsets... loved ones... gentle breezes... I speak softly in the depths of your spirit, where I have taken up residence. I rejoice each time you discover My Presence. Practice looking and listening for Me. Gradually you will find Me..." (179)
Thank you, Dad, for helping me find God and to develop an extra-awareness of Him at an early age. You're still a great earthly father who helps me tune into my Heavenly Father! I am so...
Father Blessed...dmc

2 comments:

  1. Today's devotion is so awesome! I had just been standing on the lanai thanking God for allowing me to experience the beautiful ocean and scenery and then I read "I fling glorious sunsets... I speak in the faces of loved ones...I caress you with a gentle breeze...." WOW! What timing!I am so grateful to have Christian parents, Christian in-laws and Christian children and so many Christian friends. What a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, Kay...what a family! What a Savior! What a privilege to be part of the Eternal Family!
    Rejoicing with you...dmc

    ReplyDelete