Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Restored in Challenging Times

"Welcome challenging times as opportunities...dotted with difficulties...certain to riddle you with anxiety." (163)
In the past few years there's been a cry for leaders who are innovative, perceptive and sagacious enough to build momentum in the midst of decline and recession. The usual response to a high level challenge is low level confidence. This sets the stage for anxiety and failure. When other lives are at stake, our response to "challenging times" can have a devastating ripple-effect!
The good news is, when we head into the challenge, we can also experience peace, "regardless of the day's problems."
We need leaders who can prayerfully take us through these "demanding days." Jesus tells us to "grip (His) hand tightly and stay in close communication...
Regardless of the day's problems, (He) will keep us in perfect Peace!" We've got a Good Leader with a Good Plan for Challenging Times!
Restoring My Confidence...dmc

Happy Anniversary to Charles & Amber (my son & his beautiful wife).
What a blessing you are to so many of us!!

4 comments:

  1. Boy I needed to hear this today! I know you have heard when it rains, it pours. Well it is pouring with challenges in my house! I found comfort in "You have Me beside you and My Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle."(163)Even though we are being challenged,"measuring our strength against those challenges" would just be defeating. We are choosing to look to Phillipians 4:13, For I can do everything through Christ,who gives me strength!

    Looking and finding His perfect Peace! (Perfect timing as usual Lord! Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, Melissa... I will be praying for you and your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a teacher I enter into the summer months thinking "Ahhh!!! Summer! I can finally relax and catch my breath" Surprise! This is my first week off and the challenges could already threaten to overwhelm, but by God's grace I now have the extra time to pray, spend time with Him and seek His face, thereby using His strength to face those challenges head on. This devotional is so relevant I'm going to share it with a couple of friends to encourage them also. One is a non-believing neighbor, so pray with me for T. as I try to come along beside her and help her bear her burden.

    God is Good All the Time! Praise His Name!

    ReplyDelete