Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Renewing Truth Frees Us

Setting you free, "this is a work that I do in you as you yield to My Spirit... sit in the stillness of My Presence, focusing your entire being on Me. Let My thoughts burst freely upon your consciousness... I lead you along paths of newness: ways you have never imagined. I died to set you free."(189)
To be set free from our entrenched ways of thinking, our typical ways of behaving and our conditioned ways of reacting is humanly impossible. We need to be radically honest with ourselves and admit... We need a Redeeming Savior to free us from our own destructive traps!
So, Jesus freely offers us His radical answer, "If you continue in My Word, you really are My disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:31-32) Freeing Truth and authentic discipleship seem to go together.
From experience I know this is true! The more I "continue in His Word" the more freedom I experience, especially in my thought life. New thoughts tend to "burst freely upon (my) consciousness... paths of newness" seem to appear in the landscape of my mind, like a fog lifting over the horizon. The possibilities for life seem endless and eternally impacting, the more I "continue in (His) Word!"
No wonder the enemy works relentlessly to keep us distracted and detached from God's Word! The possibilities for eternal significance in each of our lives greatly threatens Satan's plan... to spiritually sabotage us and to eternally ensnare us!
Prayerfully Pondering Truth Paths & New Possibilities...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment