Welcome! Let's Do Devotions Together!

Let's grow together!
Here's how God is using the daily readings from Jesus Calling to speak into my life.
What is He saying to YOU? Share it with someone & have a BLESSED day in Jesus!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wake Up, Perk Up

"As you get out of bed in the morning, be aware of My Presence with you. You may not be thinking clearly yet, but I am. Your early morning thoughts tend to be anxious ones until you get connected with Me. Invite Me into your thoughts by whispering My Name." (188)
Over the years I have noticed that my first waking thoughts tend to be anxious or even accusing. I can start the day feeling anxious about the demands of that day or filled with many I-should-have, could-have or if-I-would-have thoughts that accuse and can sabotage me.
So, I do much better when I promptly redirect my first conscious thoughts. I will often think of a praise song or inspirational hymn. Even some children's songs can perk me up as I am getting up. Dr. David Amen's challenge, to think of at least 5 things you are thankful for each morning, changes the neuro-chemical environment of our brains, according to brain research!
I want my brain to be spiritually and neuro-chemically healthy so that I can be most productive and pleasant all day long. It radically helps me to "face the day cheerfully." Incidentally, YOU are one of my 5 things I am thankful for today!
Waking Up with Praise...dmc

No comments:

Post a Comment